Monday, April 25, 2011

My R/C Update

After being unemployed for I think it's a year now, not much is happening in R/C on my end. The only thing worth mentioning is the new bodies for my Mini Z. Eric donated some old Porsche LM bodies for me to use.



I have mixed emotions about these. They are some really cool racing style body that I love to use. But I think these are those THE BEST style bodies that everyone would use. Then again, no one else besides Eric and myself use these. I guess it's alright.

They handle like a charm. Once they get going, they are stuck to the track. The down force on these is incredible. The first race I entered with one of these I got second or third I don't remember. But they drive nicely thanks to the extended wheelbase.

Another part I got for the Mini Z was my own motor mount. I was borrowing Eric's old motor pod forever now and he needed it back and FPR had a good motor pod in stock so... I got it. Luckily I have enough $$$ with me a the time so I was able to get it.



As for my drifter... nothing changed really. I still need to get the aluminum steering set to get rid of the play. I got one of those old school car bodies from one of those Japanese companies. Surging made a very nice old school Soarer that I got for the new team body. It looks orange but it's really supposed to be fluorescent red.

No comments:

Post a Comment