Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New(ish) R/C: Tamyia M04




Newish is right. I've had this kit forever now. So why did I never mention it? Well, there wasn't a use for it. Until now that is. With the new larger location for FPR, there is a dedicated track to run M chassis cars. Yeah, I mean the drift track. It's going to be multi purpose. FRP will have drifting and M chassis racing on the same track. The surface isn't the best for drifting at the moment but perfect for grip racing. The floor is covered with a type of paint that is used on handicap ramps so there is A LOT of grip. Plus its very rough so drift tires get eaten up very fast.



Anyways, back to the new car. So this was the first kit I ever built. It was cheap, easy, and cheap so I got one. It was originally my sister's car but she never used it so it became mine. I planned to race it in the mini class that was supposedly at Nor Cal. But steering problems and terrible commute forced me to put it on the shelf for about a year.

So in all, this chassis had about 5 runs total on it's life up to this point. With the announcement of M chassic racing at FPR, I dusted it off, rebuilt the steering and put my TA05's TRF Dampers on it. After adding some ABC Tires and Wheels, this thing is a beast. It is FAST compared to the ABC Genetics that everyone else is running. To be honest I though I wouldn't stand a chance against the 4WD chassis. But now it looks like they are getting nervous.

The body is Peter's old Cup Racer body he destroyed and then started using it. I have a Cup Racer BMW body planned for the future of this chassis. If this race class works out, that won't be the only thing planned for this chassis.

No comments:

Post a Comment