Monday, April 25, 2011

RC News: Local Update

OK, enough gaming news.. Whats going on in R/C?

In no particular order, first up, Fast Pace Racing is at a new location! They have moved from a block away from Sheldons to the other side of San Jose on Tully near the fairgrounds. The new facility is much larger then the last store. Now, there is a store front, and a warehouse where the track is located. So when you walk in the front door, you see all the things for sale and walk past it and you'll find the pit tables and the tracks. I don't have any pictures at the moment.

There have been so uncertainty around the FPR drift track. For a while now, we believed that it was going to be a realistic city drift track but Peter, the shop owner, planned to put in dirt to make a a mini Losi SCT track. A 1/16 truck track to be exact. I'm not sure what will go there but seeing how there is only drifting and Mini-Z in San Jose, I'm guessing we will get a drift track there. Tengu Drift Club will be building the city around the track. The size is about about the same as the indoor track at the old shop. I don't have any exact measurements but eyeballing it, it seems the same size.

Also, FPR will be more then a Mini Z shop and track. Soon, we will have Fast Pace Racing Hobby store. That's probably not going to be the name but the point is clear. FPR is going to become a hobby store. So let's show our support by buying there instead of online. We can race and drift at FPR not on eBay.

OK, enough of my FPR plug.

D&J Hobby now has a track of their own! It is a carpet surface track that, from pictures, looks wider then Sheldons. The opening day comp was on the 23rd and I wasn't able to go but it looks like everyone had a good time. I'll try to stop by there when I get some time to look over the track and maybe even get pictures.

Edit on 4/30/11 I got a picture of the track. Also a test of the new camera.



So from reading the Hyper Drift threads, looks like we have some things to look forward to that are coming up. The next point series is coming and we will drift up in Sacramento as well as San Jose and even San Fransisco if I recall correctly. There isn't many details on the next point series as of this point.

Team Battle Comp? It could happen... if there are enough teams. That thread caught my eye and it sounds like a good comp. I just hope we can have it on something other then carpet. I personally don't like carpet I find it too grippy but the comp idea is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment