Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gaming Update: What's happening?

The Dead Space run isn't getting any view. I got the hint. It's done and won't be finished. I'm still debating on if I should delete them from my channel. It's a shame really since it was a good challenge to a game I really like. Oh well. Maybe I'll have some better success on future runs that are similar.

One game I have to bring up that I've played a lot of is Prototype.

All I can say is: holy crap this game is awesome.

Why? Well, the best way I can describe it is it's a game that makes you feel like you are playing as a god. Sure, there are games where you actually are playing as a god, but this one..

I just love the special effects. For example, the impacts on the ground and how they leave large cracks in the ground. Jump off a tall building and the higher up you are, the more spectacular the impact is when you land. It's insignificant to most people, but I love them.

The devastators...oh the devastators... So much power in a single move.. so spectacular to watch.. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I did a devastator move for the first time. Yes, they really did. Most people would say something like that but it didn't actually happen. This however, actually did happen. Groundspike graveyard, tendril barrage and even though it's not considered a devastator, bulletdive drop. Each one is so much fun to do.

The story is interesting but I had to play through it 2 times before it started making sense and now I'm at a point in the story where it's got me and I want to know more. There is the story that you get from the missions, but there is much more details from Web Targets. They are people hiding throughout the city that know about Alex Mercer's past and you have to find and consume them for their memories and unlock more of the story. Problem is, finding the targets. They show up randomly around the city and there are over 100 of them. Plus it doesn't help if you accidentally kill one.. They do respawn but you'll forget where they were anyway.

Just today I stopped by Gamestop and had a look around and I came across this:



For 4.99, it's not a bad find. I picked it up and tried it out. Quite a nice racer. I have to say, from being a Gran Turismo fan for many years, this racer is more realistic. But that doesn't mean it's better. It's just more realistic. The cars handle like they would in the real world.

One thing I'm dissapointed in is the tuning. First off, you can't buy parts like in GT. You level up the car like in Forza but each level lets you tune the suspension and hopefully the engine. The highest level I got was 5 so I don't know what the high levels offer. The cars sound good, and even though there is only 211 cars total, the ones in it are beautifully modeled. The tracks are mostly fictional but they are creative. How many sim style racers have a track that is in a cave?

No comments:

Post a Comment