Thursday, August 12, 2010

Basher Body Rebirth



This is the body that came with the Yokomo I just got. As usual, a body that comes with a used chassis isn't in the best condition. This one was no exception. But it was okay. Why? I was feeling creative today. Actually, it was yesterday...but today is when I put my creativity into action.

This body started out as a Yokomo S15 Silvia (the red and yellow one) but my plan was to give it a fresh new look with a method of painting I've never used before.

When I got the DP, team member Rob suggested I paint the outside of the body since it was already painted. After thinking about it, I decided to try it out. So I masked off the windows, lights, and hood and picked up a can of metallic blue that I had left over.

I started laying down the coats of blue and it turned purple! I know that's what happens when red and blue are mixed but the red wasn't even touching the blue. I put too many coats down and the purple was gone. Oh well. This is only an experiment.

The hood was something I hadn't thought of too well. I forgot that this isn't the inside of the body being painted. But after some creative mask use, I covered up most of the front end and painted the hood without any problems. Some window tint was the last coat I added. (on the inside)

I still have some things to do. I have some Tamiya X paint for models that I'll use to cover up the red spots, and I'll try to find a way to remove the paint from the lights. Maybe I can use light buckets in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment