Friday, August 21, 2009

Rally time!

I just got in a TB01 I spotted over on RCTech and just like the last one, I'm very happy to have one. Yes, I did own a TB01 rally before but I didn't care much for R/C rally at the time and I traded it for a TA03F. Now I have another one and I plan to get rally more popular; at least in my area.

It will be tough. First I got to get people interested and that alone will be freakin' hard plus, I have to figure out how to do rally events here. If anyone has seen the R/C rally videos on youtube, you will see how they do it. Some good things, nice scale looking tracks, cars are also scale looking, level playing field and I think they use the same timing system as the WRC. Bad: they have to chase after their R/C car... That really defeats the purpose of the radio part of radio control. Might as well take a broom stick and push the car through the track.

Currently I'm thinking of an enticing way to get people interested by coming up with appealing events. So far I've come up with a autocross/gymkhana stlye events. Just set up a track like we do for drift events except off road and set up cones, track dots, etc and use the terrain to make a challenging course that the driver will try to get the fastest time. Also I will try to get several tracks so that we can also do stages and get an overal time just like in the WRC.

There are holes in my plan but I'm still working on it. I've got to do that and then fix up the TB01. It didn't come with any broken parts, but the optional long arm suspension has A LOT of play in all four arms... I started getting most of the problem area but still have a lot to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment