Friday, February 8, 2013

An Old Favorite


Yuuuuuuuuuuupp That's right! I got a Bandit again!

This isn't recent though. A while back, I had an itch. This was an itch like no other. Scratching did nothing. Talcum power was nowhere to be found and I didn't want to go to the store.

The itch was R/C.

At the time I got my second Bandit, I hadn't run any of my R/Cs in over a year and where I live, there aren't many places to run a drift car so I needed something else. I just had to go back to my roots. I got a Bandit and I've been happy since then.

The Bandit was my first hobby grade R/C and I regret selling my original one everyday. It was one of the XL-5 models with the new grey plastic. Yeah, they do still sell those today but it was older then this one obviously. My original Bandit had many miles on it when I sold it and I plan to put just as many on this one.

I actually took this with me to Nor Cal hobbies when I visited San Jose not long ago and used it on their new indoor off road track. I was a little worried that a stock Bandit couldn't make it around the track. Well I was wrong. I managed to turn a few heads and get some very curious people ask me if it was really a Bandit.

It sure was a blast to drive it on a track. I was clearing jumps with no too much trouble and keeping up with guys who were driving Associated chassis. I did forget to bring the stock tires and had grip trouble but that was about it. The whole day I raced on the track without a single problem. Even the shock caps didn't blast off. The other guys broke their cars several time and my Bandit just got a few scratches. If I was closer to a track I would competitively race the Bandit. I know what it need and how to do it but lack the track to use it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment