Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Radio: KO Propo EX10 Helios



Yup, that's right. I got a new radio. My old Airtronics was working fine, but I got bitten by the Mini Z bug and I needed a radio that uses modules. KO Propo seems to be the radio to have at FPR so I went searching on eBay and found this one. It came with a Spektrum module with 2 receivers and a lipo battery. Not bad for 160.

There are some cool features on this radio. I think the best one is the fact you can program music. The menu has A-Z and each letter plays a different sound followed by how long it plays.



There has been some issues with this radio. I wasn't surprised seeing how it was bought used. The minor problem was the steering wheel foam. It was too slippery. So I tossed it and covered it in old worn out Mini Z tires. FPR has a whole box of them and they work pretty well.



The module worked well until I realized the antenna went somewhere into the radio. With some help, the antenna is out but the range went down to 5 ft. The wire on the circuit board was bent and after it's fix, the range was back to normal. I really like this radio plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment