Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Car: Kyosho Mini Z



Here it is...my new MR-02 Mini Z!

Today I went to FPR to get a Mini Z module and ASF board and basically get set up to race at FPR and I spent most of the day driving on the track. This car is a lot of fun to drive.

It started as a NIB Woodone Supra MR-02 and the previous owner told me that the Supra body is a rare one and the guys at FPR confirmed it. It's good and bad. Good because I like to own rare things but bad because it's a real nice body that I want to run but I don't want to risk trashing it.



As you can see in this picture, it's not stock anymore. I wasn't expecting Eric to lend me some spare option parts from his car to use on mine. So now my car is set up with a 70T stock motor and has a set up to run in the stock class.

That picture was during the rebuild process. Here is a picture of the finished car.



I'm hoping to race on Friday but I have an errand to run at the time the race starts... I'll have to wait and see if I can make it on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment