Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yeah, I'm still alive

It's been a while I know. But a lot has happened since I last posted.

 For one thing, I moved away from California up to Oregon almost a year now. I still have all my R/C stuff (with a new addition) and I finally got to play Prototype 2.

 I'm not sure if anyone even reads this blog anymore but I figured I'd post anyways.

 So now I have a job that keeps me busy and I have an apartment to pay for my responsibilities went way up and cant do all the fun things I once did. R/C drifting for one thing. Just today I visited the Hyper Drift and DRCentral forum to see whats happening. Hyper is going strong and DRC is dead. Maybe it's a sign that 50/50 drifting is finally done?

Wait what are you talking about???

I've always saw the two forums as representations of drift styles. Hyper is all counter steer and anything new in the industry. Soon they will be doing RWD R/C drift. And DRC is what we have been doing since R/C drift first showed up. 50/50 is what always worked and is what we have always done and didn't bother with CS. With recent events at FPR with the (what now I know was temporary) shutdown of the drift track and certain TDC members getting banned from FPR, I think this symbolizes the death of 50/50 drifting in San Jose.

Yeah, there are still people who do 50/50 drifting but I'm talking about competition and sessions. Seems like all competitions are all CS and no one does 50/50. That's fine. I'm not arguing that its a bad thing.

I've been out of the R/C scene ever since I moved away. I drifted only once on a track in Oregon and it was lame to be honest. The only track is a carpet track that is mostly used for Slash racing. That was the one time until I got to go back to San Jose for a visit and drift and FPR one last time. It was good to see everyone again. I was actually very depressed about leaving. I really really miss the R/C that San Jose has. Even though drifting is dying from what I can tell, it's still loads better then what we have in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment